Volgers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin starts soon

Follow on Bloglovin

dinsdag 16 april 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #1

Hi everyone,

A couple of you are participating on this meme Top Ten Tuesday. And because I am not at my work today I thought that I also want to join on this meme.
It sounds really fun and I have also something to post on a Tuesday ;)

This week:
Top Ten Tuesday REWIND -- pick a past topic you missed or one you want to revisit!
Hmm...let me think about that...

TOP TEN FAVORITE BOOK QUOTES

*****

1.(a shared first place) “My fore-parts, as you so ineloquently put it, have names." I pointed to my right breast. "This is Danger." Then my left. "And this is Will Robinson. I would appreciate it if you addressed them accordingly.”
Darynda Jones, First Grave on the Right
&
“After a long pause in which he took the time to blink several times, he asked, "You named your breasts?"

I turned my back to him with a shrug. "I named my ovaries, too, but they don't get out as much.”
Darynda Jones, First Grave on the Right

2. “You know, life fractures us all into little pieces. It harms us, but it's how we glue those fractures back together that make us stronger.”
Carrie Jones, Entice

3. “Why is it that all cars are women?" he asked. "Because they're fussy and demanding," answered Zee.
"Because if they were men, they'd sit around and complain instead of getting the job done," I told him.”
Patricia Briggs, Silver Borne

4. “How ghastly for her, people actually thinking, with their brains, and right next door. Oh, the travesty of it all.”
Gail Carriger, Soulless

5. “Make it quick," I said when I picked up.
"Okay. Two men from the FBI are here." Cookie said. Quickly.
Crap. "Men in black are at the office?"
"Well, yes, but they're actually in more of a navy."
Crapola. I so don't have time for men. In any color. "Okay, two questions. Do they look mad, and are they hot?"
After a long, long, pause, Cookie said, "One, not really. Two, no comment at this time. And three, you're on speakerphone."
After another long, long pause, I said, "Okie dokie then. Be there in a jiff.”
Darynda Jones, Second Grave on the Left (that could be totally me)

6. “You might want to lie down," Magnus advised. "I find that it helps when the crushing sense of horrible realization sets in.”
Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes

7 “Curran looked back at me. "Why is it you always attract creeps?"

"You tell me." Ha! Walked right into that one, yes, he did.”
Ilona Andrews, Magic Strikes

8. “Love: a single word, a wispy thing, a word no bigger or longer than an edge. That's what it is: an edge; a razor. It draws up through the center of your life, cutting everything in two. Before and after. The rest of the world falls away on either side.”
Lauren Oliver, Delirium

9. “You’re not going to take advantage of me, are you?” The cushions felt so nice behind her head. It was so nice to lie down. “Novels are always warning young women of the dangers of being taken advantage of by wealthy young men.”
“You are perfectly safe. Emily is here to protect your virtue.”
“That’s too bad.”
Kady Cross, The Girl in the Steel Corset

10. “One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

*****

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Some great quotations there! Fabulous list!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I've read exactly one of these books. However those quotes from the First Grave series, looks awesome. They sound like some good snarky fun. Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. You know, life fractures us all into little pieces. It harms us, but it's how we glue those fractures back together that make us stronger.” <--- LOVE IT!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. LMAO at that first one! Nice.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen