Volgers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin starts soon

Follow on Bloglovin

dinsdag 31 januari 2012

Die for me





My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.

Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.

Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.

Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.

While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?



***

Genre: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance
Pages: 341
Rating: 4 stars

When I saw the cover of this book I was already interested in reading it, before I even knew what kind of story this would be. And then I saw the (negative) reviews of other readers. However, that didn't stop me from reading it. I think this is a fantastic book. And I totally disagree with people who gave this a bad review. (It's nothing personal :D)

I can tell you that I love this story. The setting is fantastic, Paris!! The city of love...sigh...

After they loose their parents in a car accident, Kate and Georgia move to Paris to go live with their grandparents. Both girls handle their loss in their own way.
When Kate decides to go out, and ends up reading in a little restaurant, she meets Vincent. Vincent is a very handsome boy with a secret that Kate will find out very soon.
It's a fantastic love story. Love the character Vincent. He is a real old fashioned gentleman. And handsome, but I mentioned that already. Also, he gives Kate a fantastic feeling. But Kate is so afraid to let her self feel again, afraid to lose him, that she pushes him away and out of her life. But that's not everything of course...

It's a story about love, trust, families and....a very big secret. But I think you should read this for your self.
It is a 'one of a kind' book. A book like this, with such a great setting and such fantastic characters, is unique. (Although I do think every book is unique in its own way.)

I can tell you that I was really disappointed when I reached the end of this fantastic book so soon. But, there is a sequel being made and I hope to read it very soon :D

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten