Pagina's

▼

dinsdag 25 februari 2014

TTT Rewind


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week it is a rewind. You can choose a top ten from the past you want to talk about. So my top ten would be:

Top 10 Favorite book quotes. Not in a special order. 


Entice (Need, #3)

“You know, life fractures us all into little pieces. It harms us, but it's how we glue those fractures back together that make us stronger.” 
― Carrie Jones Entice

“Nobody is perfect, though. We all want everyone to think we are, but perfection is some crazy mythical state that we can never achieve. It is a goal beyond our grasp, always shifting and changing and taunting us, because it knows...it knows we can never reach it.”

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)

“One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)

“That took balls."
"Please," I said with a snort, "that took ovaries. Of which I have two.” 

“My fore-parts, as you so ineloquently put it, have names.”
I pointed to my right breast. “This is Danger.” Then my left. “And this is Will Robinson. I would appreciate it if you addressed them accordingly.” 
After a long pause in which he took the time to blink several times, he asked, “You named your breasts?”
I turned my back to him with a shrug. “I named my ovaries, too, but they don’t get out as much.” 

Ever After (The Hollows, #11)

“I want…” he said, then hesitated, taking a breath of air and lifting his chin. “I want one pure thing in my life,” he said loudly, his voice ringing in the red-tinted air. “I want one thing I can point to and say, ‘That is good, and it’s a part of me.” 

Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)

“My phone pinged. It was a text from Cookie.
I'm not good at cocking guns.
Really? Did she not know me at all?
I texted her back.
You can do this. Learn the cock, Cookie.
Know the cock.
Be the cock.” 

“How would you like your eggs?"
I tried. I really did. But I glanced at his crotch and it came out anyway. "Fertilized?” 


Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)

“How ghastly for her, people actually thinking, with their brains, and right next door. Oh, the travesty of it all.” 

Delirium (Delirium, #1)

“You can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes".” 


This was my top 10 of this week. I hope you enjoyed it.
Mariska

1 opmerking:

  1. Hahaha!! Looooove those Charley ones! Love that series! The humor is just sooo good! And Alexia's humor was tasteful too! Great quotes! And topic choice too! I always have trouble remembering fave quotes. It's just a spur of the moment thing for me where I find one I enjoy!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen